If you love Language Love, you can help me maintain the website! Thank you :-)

Monday 13 June 2011

Language Course Idea...

...Or How My Muse Kept Me from Sleeping

Ok, I was lying in bed, deadly tired and glad to be able to drift to sleep after a busy day. My mind was still buzzing so I tried to relax. Well...some minutes later, I jumped out of my bed, switched on the light, grabbed notebook and pen and started scribbling something down. What had happened?

While I was trying to relax and shake off the day, my muse whispered a brilliant idea for a language course into my ear. Of course, I couldn't just ignore her and drift off to sleep... No, the idea required to be written down that very instant! And, quite honestly, I was afraid I might forget it over night... So I spent another maybe half hour scribbling down the beginning and some more notes before I finally turned off the light again and lay down once more. That second attempt to relax and find some sleep was successful, thank god, but due to my muse's nightly visit, I slept longer than I had planned the next day.

Well, you ask why I'm telling you all this here on Language Love? Guess to hold myself accountable...

Yes, I had a great idea for a language course, and yes, I will start writing it, and yes, I will get it done in a reasonable amount of time instead of procrastinating!

And I hope all of you keep bugging me about it...

Ok, sorry for the short post today, but I'm busy writing a language course...I will definitely keep you updated about it!

P.S.: On Saturday, a guest post from me was published on Farah Evers's new blog about culture...I've written about my culture clash in America. Be sure to check it out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment