If you love Language Love, you can help me maintain the website! Thank you :-)

Wednesday 22 December 2010

How to Wish a Merry Christmas in Other Languages?

Ok, as it's almost Christmas, I thought it would be nice to know how to wish a merry Christmas in other languages than just English. I'm trying to put up as many languages as I know but it would be nice if you commented to add any other languages you know.

German: Frohe Weihnachten!

French: Joyeux Noёl!

Spain: Feliz Navidad!

Italian: Boun Natale!

Dutch: Prettige kerstdagen!

Chinese (Mandarin): 圣诞快乐 shèngdàn kuàilè

Japanese: クリスマスおめでとう。 Kurisumasu o·medetô.

Turkish: Mutlu Noel bayramɪ!

Swedish: God Jul!

Irish: Nollaig Shona!


Ok, so I have listed ten languages for you and added a few online dictionaries in the resources section on the way. I would be happy if any one of you who knows another language can add this phrase in the comments. There will be more intersting stories to come after the holidays.

I wish all of you who celebrate it some great holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment