If you love Language Love, you can help me maintain the website! Thank you :-)

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Ray of Hope

Ray of Hope for Rissa

This post is completely out of schedule, but something happened today to make me wish to share this song of mine with you all. I want to use my words, my magic, to inspire hope in you.

Songs are also part of the magic of language. It's not only written language. Actually, Ray of Hope has been a poem before it became a song. I didn't plan to write lyrics but just needed to get those feelings out of me lest I burst with them. After the poem was written, the melody sneaked into my head and asked to be written down. So that's how my words turned into a song this time.

Today, I have added a second stancer for someone who can really need hope and prayers right now, and I dedicated my song to her. For all of you who want to do more than just send hope, please visit "Rissa's Battle" to learn more about what happened and how to help.

I want to ask all of you to use your power of words today to inspire hope in someone who desperately needs hope to overcome a difficult situation.

Let your language love, your personal magic, unfold!

Lyrics:

Darkness spreads its veil over the land.
Nothing moves, all is frozen in shock.
Cold seeps through ev'ry fibre of life.
A new golden sun emerges from the shadows
to send a ray of hope over the land.

A tender blossom dares to break the earth.
Now it is weak and the cold is stron,
yet with time and care and light
a new life might grow into existence.

Darkness ...

For you, dear Rissa, I will send my hope!
You're not alone, we all pray for you.
With our love and care and thoughts
you will have the strength to beat this cancer.

Darkness ...

No comments:

Post a Comment