If you love Language Love, you can help me maintain the website! Thank you :-)

Monday 28 March 2011

Spring Cleaning

Ok, spring is approaching (at least outside of Idaho - we got snow this morning) and with spring comes spring cleaning.

My views have been constantly rising over the past three and a half months - thanks for that!!!

Now, I want you all to think for a moment and tell me what you want to read on here in the next couple of months: which topics do you want me to cover, which languages do you want to explore? Do you want me to continue the series "My Two Cents" or do you want another series? If so, which one?

This blog will stay on this post for the whole week, for two reasons: First, to give you all enough time to think about in which direction you want Language Love to go, and second, because I'm down with a bad cold and can hardly concentrate. Sorry for that!

I hope most of you already have sunshine and nice, warm temperatures (we're fast approaching April, after all)!!! Stay warm and healthy, and comment here!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you're feeling poorly! A week off should make you all better, I hope.

    As it so happens, I was thinking of this blog as I was traveling south to get away from cold weather. (I was looking for spring and found summer in Orlando, Florida. Not complaining at all!) So if you're in need of a guest blog spot, I've got one ready for you.

    So, you want to know where to lead Language Love, huh? Well, you must recall the guest spot about the legend of SHIT. That was fascinating, even if I had already known that one. But there are tons of other "plays on words" which could be explored and would be fun. I mean to say, I've been wondering for a good long time about "Kick the bucket" and how it ended up meaning "to die". There are so many of these and I assume all countries have their own, so you could have a never-ending series just for that.

    Do feel better, Saoirse.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Glory,

    thanks for your comment! For this week, I'll leave the Spring Cleaning post up, but I would greatly appreciate your guest post for next week or the week after. Your posts are always great to read :)

    I'm already feeling much better today :) (So, guess I'll start planning for Language Love for the next months...)

    On a side note: I want to get lots more comments from other readers as well so KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING!!! It's for your imformation, pleasure, enjoyment, that I write Language Love, after all...

    Love,
    Saoirse

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dear,

    please cure your cold. The blog is going fine at the moment, I am very much enjoying the mixture of your cent-pieces and the guest blogs. The articles about dyslexia were interesting and helped me a lot with my language lessons. Just keep going, maybe? I mean, why change something that is already very good?

    If you are looking for new inputs ... well ... how about some kind of language overviews? You are literate in German, English and others - you could give a rough explanation about structure, grammar, word use and development of those languages. My favorites would be Spanish, Italian, Chinese and Korean. If that is possible. I would offer you one or the other guest blog about Japanese, if you are interested. Oh, and there was something else ... how much are you into sociolinguistics? :-)

    But first of all you should feel better. Language love is wonderful by now.

    Love,

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,

    thanks a lot for your comment! :)

    I'm glad you like Language Love, and I think your idea about the language overviews is wonderful. I will definitely work on that! About sociolinguistics, I'm not sure how much I know about that at the moment, but I'm always interested in learning something new in the fields of learning and especially language learning ;)

    Your guest posts are more than welcome! I love having other than my own views on language here on Language Love!

    I'm getting better every day now :)

    Love,
    Saoirse

    ReplyDelete