If you love Language Love, you can help me maintain the website! Thank you :-)

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Travelling and Stuff

First of all: I am very sorry that I didn't write this post yesterday, as I should have!

Please let me explain the reasons:

I had planned on writing and scheduling this week's blog posts on the weekend. However, on Saturday, I got news which required me to fly back to Germany on Sunday--with less than 24 hours notice! By the time I arrived at the airport in Düsseldorf, Germany, on Monday morning, I had already been up for over 32 hours, and travelling for over 20 hours. I then took the train--or should I say trains--to northern Germany, which took about 9 hours and required me to change trains 5 (in words: five!) times. In the morning when I bought the ticket, I joked about that fact and called it a "city trip", but by the time I finally arrived at the final station, I was simply glad it was over. I read through two thirds of a book during the day, simply to keep myself from falling asleep. (The book is really great, though, and I intended to read it anyway!)

After over 30 hours of travelling and almost two full days without sleep, you will forgive me that I did not plug in my laptop and write Monday's post in time but went straight to bed instead.

Here's a huge thankyou to the stewardesses on my flight who managed to make it an agreeable flight, although the circumstances that led to my travelling were less than agreeable. They were really nice and went out of their way to make me feel better; they were my Advent angels.

I will resume my regular posting schedule tomorrow with my take on how our minds seem to be set in a default language, and are able to switch this default language.

No comments:

Post a Comment